Exploring routes into the planning profession through apprenticeships
8th Nov 2021
Cost (partner school)
To coincide with World Urbanism Day this event hears from a selection of RTPI apprentices who reflect on their experience as an apprentice and their aspirations for their careers to encourage others to consider the apprenticeship route into the profession.
Aimed at school and college leavers this event introduces the apprenticeship route as an entry into the profession by providing experiences of current apprentices. The event will also focus on the motivations behind wanting to go into the planning and the aspirations apprentices’ have to shape the word in which we live.
- Chair: Amy Powell - just completed her master’s degree in Chartered Town Planning at London South Bank University (LSBU).
- Zac Denton – Planner at Henry Adams, South East. Undertaking Pg Dip Chartered Town Planner at LSBU
- Samuel Biles – planning apprentice at Edgars Planning Consultancy, Oxford. Undertaking Pg Dip Chartered Town Planner at LSBU
- India Char - planning apprentice at Bidwells Milton Keynes. Undertaking MSc Urban and Regional Planning at Birmingham University
- Sam Johnson-Schlee - Senior Lecturer and Co-Course Director: Urban and Environmental Planning at LSBU