World Class Schools Quality Mark
World Class Schools Quality Mark (WCSQM) is a registered charity in England and Wales with the aim of giving non-selective state educated pupils access to the same opportunities as those in private education.
At WCSQM we work to improve the quality of state education UK wide. We award a quality mark to non-selective state schools that offer the best education to young people in the UK. Unlike other assessment bodies, we assess the student and not the school, against a framework of skills and competencies young people need to flourish in an emerging global economy.
Through unique real-life work experiences, access to a lifelong peer support network and cultural opportunities that take them beyond their local community, we give world class students the confidence to overcome socio-economic barriers to recognise and achieve their potential.
Benefits of accreditation
- participation in World Class partnerships for pupils and staff
- the chance to participate in a high profile group of schools, with bargaining power, for example to:
- influence national education policy
- broker advantageous deals from education suppliers
- prestige beyond an 'outstanding' Ofsted grade
- incentives for effective staff recruitment and retention, such as:
- the chance to work at one of the best non-selective state schools in the country
- opportunities to train as World Class assessors
- opportunities to work and develop practice in collaboration with outstanding practitioners from other World Class schools
- opportunities to raise pupils' confidence, and aspirations beyond the school and its region
- opportunities for pupils to:
- access unique, exciting and highly attractive work experience that develops employability skills, and social and moral competencies
- be part of a World Class alumni association
- be eligible for World Class events, awards and competitions
- train and become accredited as World Class assessors
- access bespoke World Class references
- participate in the pupil peer to peer re-accreditation process
- access to an assessment process that:
- assesses the pupils not the school
- recognises the development of pupils' qualities and characteristics not measured by other national assessment frameworks
- provides the school with detailed profiles of pupils' individual performance at an assessment centre event
- provides the school with a profile of pupils' typical performance against peers from other World Class schools
- provides the school with a raft of resources, for example, the 'A Week In The Life of..' video, owned by the school, that demonstrates to pupils, parents, current and potential staff, external bodies and all stakeholders how 'typically' World Class the school is
- parental confidence that:
- they are sending their children to one of the best schools in the country, regardless of status
- their children will thrive and develop invaluable skills for success in life beyond school
Who can apply for accreditation?
We welcome applications from primary, secondary and special schools UK wide, with applications considered on a case by case basis, following an initial telephone / face to face meeting with the school. Schools eligible to apply for World Class accreditation will need to have been awarded an outstanding Ofsted rating in their OR show well above average student progress.
For more information on WCSQM and to discuss World Class accreditation for your school, visit www.worldclass-schools.org.
Testimonial from Seven Kings School, Ilford,
"I just wanted to thank you for the opportunity to apply for this award. The students have grown through engaging with the application and the process. It has also made us reflect on how capable our young people are and rethink how we are stretching them especially as leaders."
Jane Waters, Director, The Seven Kings Teaching School Alliance