Mental Health Awareness for schools workshop
9.30 am - 2.30 pm
13th November 2019 – Washington
28th November 2019 – Durham
Please note at each venue there are 15 places available for this workshop.
This one-day learning opportunity supports managers to appreciate the importance of workplace mental health. The workshop content encourages managers to understand the link between mental well-being and emerging mental ill-health, equipping them with basic knowledge essential to supporting a mental health diagnosis.
An independent review of the impact of poor mental health in the workplace, ‘Thriving at Work: a review of mental health and employers’ by Lord Dennis Stevenson and Paul Farmer, concluded that poor mental health costs employers between £33 billion and £42 billion a year, with an annual cost to the UK economy of between £74 billion and £99 billion.
Delegates will be given a comprehensive overview of mental well-being and possible mental ill-health. Managers will be given the knowledge and confidence to explore individual indicators with staff and appreciate the impact of prolonged stress. They will go on to create a supportive individual action plan to promote wellness and recovery in the workplace.
Mental Health Awareness training is an essential element of staff induction and part of their ongoing CPD programme.
- Mental Ill Health & Stigma
- Personal and Professional Boundaries
- Reflective Listening and Professional Empathy – how to manage conversations and ask appropriate questions
- Risk Management and Legislation
- Reasonable Adjustments
- Raising Awareness of Stress and its contribution to mental ill-health diagnosis
- Mental Well-being & Stress
- Anxiety and related conditions
- Depression and crisis
- Managing mental health emergencies
- Practical solutions and helpful hints for managers (case studies, scenarios)
- Personal Action Planning
- To raise awareness of mental well-being and possible emerging mental ill-health conditions
- To help managers or key workers become more confident in communicating with their team members and learn about early intervention to eliminate the risk of long term mental health conditions
- To increase manager or key workers confidence to talk about mental wellbeing in a timely way and explore possible diagnosed conditions to find workable person-centred support if required
- To coach/ inform and support workplace teams to incorporate the needs of colleagues working towards recovery and growth
Delegates will receive:
- Certificate of attendance
- Complimentary chocolates/mints/sweets
- Refreshments and lunch
£199 + vat per delegate (5% discount on the overall cost for 3 or more delegates attending from the same school)
13th November 2019 - Holiday Inn Washington, Emerson Road, Washington, NE37 1LB
28th November 2019 - Salvus House, Aykley Heads, Durham DH1 5TS
Please note that this event can be provided 'in-house' at your school, a consortium meeting or a Bursar training event usually at significant savings per delegate (minimum 5 delegates). You will be asked in advance if you need a particular focus for the day which will be incorporated in our proposal.
Contact Details to book:
Evelyn on 0121 622 2502 or email@example.com
2019/2020 CPD training workshops to follow:
November 2019 – Mental Health Awareness
December 2019 – Managing Stress in the Workplace
January 2020 – Health and Wellbeing Champion
February 2020 – Conflict Resolution
March 2020 - Health and Wellbeing Awareness
April 2020 - Workplace Mediation
May 2020 – Managing Stress in the Workplace
June 2020 – Mental Health Awareness
July 2020 – Health and Wellbeing Champion
Holiday Inn Washington, Emerson Road, Washington, NE37 1LB