Would you like a greater understanding of how to manage sickness absence and poor performance? The second course in our accredited practical masterclass series is designed to give you the knowledge and confidence to handle these issues in-house. After completing the course learners will understand:
1. How to deal with long term and short term absence;
2. How to work with medical and occupational health advisers when managing sickness absence;
3. How to deal with persistent absentees and the importance of assessing whether absence relates to any underlying medical condition;
4. How managing absence interplays with disability discrimination legislation, and some practical tips on employer duties and managing risk;
5. Best practice for dealing with poor performers; and
6. Drafting effective correspondence to support the management of short term and long term absence and poor performance.
Our course is practical. No death-by-PowerPoint here. The half-day workshop includes lots of every-day examples to help you easily apply the training to your organisation and the management of your employees.
Successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE. This is not a nationally recognised qualification but has been benchmarked at Level 3 (using Ofqual’s Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to reflect the basis of the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
This course is ideally suited to all HR professionals, Head Teachers, SBMs or anyone involved in dealing with employee issues within their schools.
All our scheduled courses are morning sessions, and begin with a bacon sandwich and a hot drink at our premises in Newcastle upon Tyne. Too far to travel? Not to worry, we can come to you, providing enough people want to take part.
Price per delegate £125 plus VAT*
* 25% discount available for SCHOOLS NorthEast members.
Via Muckle LLP's website www.muckle-llp.com/events
If you require any further information please contact Jill Donabie or call her on 0191 211 7933
Schools North East has just been rebranded and we're working on developing a new website to keep you up to date with everything that's going on in our world.
You'll still find all the information you need on being a Partner School, our Commercial and Education Supporter memberships, Healthy MindED, Jobs in Schools I North East, latest news, policy updates, our events, accessing Marketplace and much, much more on the website, so please bear with us whilst we make our changes.