Join us for a regional Ofsted update on Monday 24 September 2018, featuring a welcome address from Ofsted's Operational Lead in the region, Katrina Gueli, a Q&A panel with Ofsted's Operational Lead and Senior Her Majesty's Inspectors in the region, and sessions including the Autumn 2018 Ofsted Update and an overview of current thinking regarding the Education Inspection Framework for 2019.
Date: Monday 24 September 2018
Venue: Durham County Cricket Club, Emirates Riverside, Chester-le-Street
Cost: £20+VAT per delegate
Time: Morning event - 09.00-11.30 (Registration from 8.15am)
Afternoon event - 13.15-15.45 (Registration 12.30pm)
This event is a half day event, it will be repeated during the day and you can attend either the morning or afternoon session.
• Inspection updates for September 2018 – this session will provide delegates with an update on any changes to the Common Inspection Framework 2015 and the school inspection handbook (the current framework) that have been made over the summer in readiness for 2018/19.
• The Education Inspection Framework (EIF) for September 2019 –this session will give delegates an insight into the current thinking about what the new framework for September 2019 may look like.
• Ofsted’s research and evaluation programme – an update on the research being undertaken in the region and nationally.
• Attendance, exclusions and off-rolling in the region – an update on Ofsted’s recent work within the region to address issues surrounding exclusions.
• How Ofsted responds when they receive a complaint about your school –this session will explore the approach Ofsted takes when they receive a complaint.
• Myth busting: what inspectors do and do not look at on inspection – this session will unpick some of the common myths about inspection, including lesson observation, marking and feedback, and the presentation of assessment information.
• The involvement of schools in ITE inspections and LA SEND inspections – how does your school contribute to these inspections? What will a visit to your school entail if you have an trainee teacher/NQT or your local authority is having its LA SEND inspection?
• How the region engages with school and other stakeholders – a final session to highlight the ways in which school leaders and staff can continue to engage with Ofsted’s senior team within the region.
This event is aimed at Head Teachers and school senior leaders and only two places per school are available. Places are strictly limited so secure your place now to avoid disappointment.
Click below to book your place on to either the morning or afternoon event.
This event is kindly sponsored by
Wesleyan offer expert advice and services for teachers, click on the logo above to find out more.
Durham County Cricket Club, Emirates Riverside, Chester-le-Street
Schools North East has just been rebranded and we're working on developing a new website to keep you up to date with everything that's going on in our world.
You'll still find all the information you need on being a Partner School, our Commercial and Education Supporter memberships, Healthy MindED, Jobs in Schools I North East, latest news, policy updates, our events, accessing Marketplace and much, much more on the website, so please bear with us whilst we make our changes.