Mathematical Leadership Conference 2019
This conference aims to inspire and re-energise your thinking around the ‘substance’ of mathematics education. By drawing together outstanding providers of mathematics from across the region, this event will provide an opportunity to reflect upon the essential ingredients needed for highly effective teaching in mathematics in terms of curriculum, teaching and assessment. In particular the focus of the day will be on improving the attainment of priority groups across the region i.e. the ‘highly able’, especially girls.
Trainer Rob Eastaway is one of the UK’s leading maths communicators, and the author or co-author of several bestselling books including ‘Maths for Mums & Dads’ (written with Mike Askew), ‘Why Do Buses Come in Threes?’ and ‘How To Remember Almost Everything Ever’. His latest book, ‘Maths on the back of an Envelope’ was published in September 2019.
He is a former President of the Mathematical Association, and in 2017 was awarded the prestigious Zeeman Medal for communication in mathematics. He gives maths talks to all age groups and has been a keynote speaker at teacher conferences across the world. He is the Director of Maths Inspiration http://www.mathsinspiration.com/ a national programme of theatre-based lecture shows that show teenagers how maths relates to the real world, which has reached over 150,000 teenagers since it began in 2004. Rob regularly appears on BBC Radio, talking about the maths of everyday life. He is married with three children and lives in London.
• What’s the difference between a puzzle and a maths question? • Using testing to build confidence
• Widening the curriculum offer – GCSE Statistics, L2 FM Certificate or something else? • Driving change through research-based practice
• ‘Hitting the top’ through planning for stretch & challenge
• Improving HAP outcomes through better transition
• Auditing provision for the ‘highly able’
• All about the girls: building confidence and securing engagement
• Maths Hubs: What can they do for us?
Who should attend?
This session is for mathematics subject leaders working in secondary schools and academies.
When and where
Friday 6 December 2019, 9am – 4.00pm
Durham Leadership Centre, DL16 6YP
To Book Contact: email@example.com
Durham Leadership Centre