GDPR for Data Protection Officers/Controllers (DPO/C) workshop
10.00 am - 1.30 pm
23rd January 2019 – Washington
29th January 2019 – Durham
Please note at each venue there are 15 places available for this workshop.
A half day GDPR Workshop for Data Protection Officers/Controllers (DPO/C) that will give you a understanding of the proposed changes to record compliance, equipping you with the knowledge you need to plan, prepare, safeguard and future-proof your school on what is needed.
The workshop is aimed at Bursars, School Business Managers, Office Managers, the DP Compliance Officer or anyone responsible for data protection. Therefore, please forward on as appropriate to relevant colleagues.
Data Protection training is an essential element of staff induction and part of their ongoing CPD programme.
- Understanding the GDPR and its possible implications
- Outlining the whole school responsibilities of the Data Protection Officer/Controller (DPO/C)
- Compulsory documentation required for May 2019
- The role of the Data Protection Officer/Controller (DPO/C)
- Overview of the records for compliance
- Take away toolkit checklist
- Overview of the requirements of GDPR
- Duties of the Data Protection Officers/Controllers (DPO/C)
- Aware of the records required for compliance
- Practical action plan for the Data Protection Officers/Controllers (DPO/C)
Delegates will receive:
- Certificate of attendance
- Complimentary chocolates/mints/sweets
£99.00 + vat (£175.00 + vat original cost)
23rd January 2019 - Holiday Inn Washington, Emerson Road, Washington, NE37 1LB
29th January 2019 - Ramside Hall Hotel & Golf Club, Ramside Hall, Carrville, Durham DH1 1TD
Please note that this event can be provided 'in-house' at your school, a consortium meeting or a Bursar training event usually at significant savings per delegate (minimum 5 delegates). You will be asked in advance if you need a particular focus for the day which will be incorporated in our proposal.
Contact Details to book:
Evelyn on 0121 622 2502 or email@example.com
2019 CPD training to follow:
January 2019 – GDPR for Data Protection Officers/Controllers (DPO/C)
February 2019 – Conflict Management
March 2019 - Data Protection GDPR Auditing
April 2019 - 360° Online Safety Mark/Online Compass
May 2019 – Governors Mark
May 2019 - GDPR for Data Protection Officers/Controllers (DPO/C)
June 2019 – GDPR awareness
June 2019 - Digital Distraction in schools
July 2019 – HR Skills for Success
Holiday Inn Washington, Emerson Road, Washington, NE37 1LB
Schools North East has just been rebranded and we're working on developing a new website to keep you up to date with everything that's going on in our world.
You'll still find all the information you need on being a Partner School, our Commercial and Education Supporter memberships, Healthy MindED, Jobs in Schools I North East, latest news, policy updates, our events, accessing Marketplace and much, much more on the website, so please bear with us whilst we make our changes.