Dealing with the pressures of Leadership: the power of words and how life can be different
Speaking to you as a leader, have you ever wanted to have more simple and effective ways to become even better at what you do in school now and be even better prepared for the future?
Throughout this brain-on-hands-on day, you’ll have many opportunities to develop new knowledge, skills and understandings that you can apply immediately, set great goals and achieve the results you truly desire.
Working together, we’ll:
• explore the highs and lows of leadership with and experienced Headteachers, Eileen Martin and Danny Eason
• hear from recently appointed Headteacher, John Stubbins, about what he has learned whilst applying for Headship,
• discover new ways to set great goals for ourselves and others,
• create some personal planning space
• critically evaluate our own thinking processes,
• experiment with new ways of thinking about ourselves and others
• develop our understanding of how words and the way we say them impact on ourselves and others
• learn new ways to improve our positive self-talk and reduce, or eliminate, the negative,
• discover some simple ways to reduce the impact of stress, and so enhance our emotional and mental well-being,
• be inspired by what we learn from others and about ourselves.
What may be of even more interest to you is that the skills you’ll learn today are not just for use in school, you can use them in other areas of your life too.
All you need do is engage fully in the learning, because the more you do, the more you’ll refresh and build on your existing leadership learning, and the more you can develop new understandings, skills and attitudes.
To book your place, email Joe Sonnenfeld - firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Joe on 01388 451278
Refreshments and lunch are included so if you have any special dietary requirements please let Joe know when you make your booking.
Who Should Apply? Recently Qualified Headteachers, Assistant Headteachers, Middle Leaders, School Governors
Headlam Hall, Headlam, Near Gainford, Darlington DL2 3HA