Would you like a greater understanding of how to manage investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings? The first course in our accredited
practical masterclass series is designed to give you the knowledge and confidence to handle these processes in-house. After completing the course learners will understand:
1. Practical tips for undertaking an investigation, including sources of an investigation, interviewing witnesses and preparing investigation reports;
2. When to suspend employees and the importance of avoiding "knee jerk" suspensions;
3. How to draft effective correspondence to support a disciplinary and grievance process;
4. The role of the companion in disciplinary and grievance procedures;
5. Practical tips on managing a disciplinary and grievance process; and
6. How to resolve conflict between employees.
Our course is practical. No death-by-PowerPoint here. The half-day workshop includes lots of every-day examples to help you easily apply the training to your organisation and the management of your employees.
Successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE. This is not a nationally recognised qualification but has been benchmarked at Level 3 (using Ofqual’s Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to reflect the basis of the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
Why should you attend
This course is ideally suited to all HR professionals, Head Teachers, SBMs or anyone involved in dealing with employee issues within their schools
All our scheduled courses are morning sessions, and begin with a breakfast sandwich and a hot drink at our premises in Newcastle upon Tyne. Too far to travel? Not to worry, we can come to you, providing enough people want to take part.
Price per delegate £125 plus VAT*
25% discount available for SCHOOLS NorthEast members
Please register via the Muckle website www.muckle-llp.com/events
If you require any further information please contact Jill Donabie or call her on 0191 211 7933