Inspire Maths professional development
Easrly Years Foundation Stage : Firm Foundations for Inspire Maths
Friday 10th November 2017
The Ramside Hall Hotel, Durham
Prince Bishops Teaching School Alliance is again working with leading UK Singapore Maths experts to offer EYFS: Firm Foundations for Inspire Maths.
Join us for this enjoyable and interactive session where we will explore the Inspire Maths approach as well as how to embed deep conceptual understanding and support successful transition from Foundation Stage to KS1.
In this session we will investigate:
• How to ensure a successful transition from Foundation stage to Inspire Maths 1
• The core principles of the Singapore approach to the teaching and learning of mathematics.
• What is it? Why does it work? How does it work?
• How to embed deep conceptual understanding.
• The theories underpinning Inspire Maths.
• The development of early mathematical thinking, number sense, fluency and mathematical conversations.
• How you can ensure that children have secure foundations and are ready for KS1.
This is an interactive workshop where you will be doing the Maths, considering how to engage the children in some tricky concepts whilst having an enjoyable, stimulating and thought provoking time. You will have plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
• To ensure a successful transition from Early Years Foundation stage to Inspire Maths 1.
• To explore the development of early mathematical thinking and deep conceptual understanding, including number sense, fluency, pattern, calculating and mathematical conversations
• To understand the core principles of the Singapore approach to the
teaching and learning of mathematics.
• To explore the learning theories underpinning Inspire Maths
and how to embed this in EYFS
The Ramside Hall Hotel