Following the success of our recent cohort, excellent feedback and subsequent requests to run this again we are delighted to confirm the new dates for the attached professional development in collaboration with Cambridge Education.
We have again been able to secure the lead of Andrew Guest - Chief Executive of the Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust and Development Director of Cambridge Education to deliver this CPD along with two other specialist presenters.
Running a multi-academy trust (MAT) is a demanding role and there is a need to support the development of executive leaders. This unique, highly successful five-day course is designed to offer support and guidance to all existing and aspiring MAT executive leaders, including Business Executives. These roles carry very particular duties and responsibilities. To be successful in leading a MAT, you will need knowledge of school improvement, good governance structures, financial and business management processes, as well as bringing good leadership and change management skills.
Cambridge Education has gained a distinctive reputation for providing advice, support and training to build capacity at school, academy trust, and local authority level. Drawing on this extensive experience, Cambridge Education working in collaboration with Prince Bishops Teaching School Alliance, has developed a unique five-day course that will support and develop you in your role as an executive leader. The course will draw on a wide range of experienced individuals who have first-hand experience t the issues facing you as a leader of a MAT. It will give you the chance to fully understand your role, build your own capacity and network with others in a similar position.
Who should attend?
Aspiring and existing MAT executive leaders of all sized trusts
Leaders who are looking for tailored CPD to help develop both themselves and their trusts. This course is not about the day to day issues of school improvement, but about enabling you to develop a framework, context and culture that allow you too provide the highest standard of education to young people.
This course has been specifically designed to support and equip experienced and senior leaders within the education sector to lead successful academy trusts.
• Understand the role of MAT executive leaders
• Understand the specific characteristics of the MAT structure, governance, legalities and financial management used in MAT
• Understand funding mechanisms and financial accounting and reporting requirements
• Understand ICT strategy at a trust level and examine a range of options for moving your trusts ICT development forward.
• Access a wide range of experts in the field who are currently working in MATs.
• Help to build your own support network
Delegates on this programme will also be invited to join the Cambridge Education MATs Alumni group in LinkedIn giving access to CEOs and executive leaders across the country.
Due to the modules, speakers and dates available to deliver this training we are limited to numbers and I am already in receipt of a waiting list – please secure your place on line – see link below
This 5 day course will be delivered on the below dates and will be held at
Wynyard Hall - Teesdale
1. Tuesday 19th September 2017 Marriott Hotel, Gateshead
2. Wednesday 4th October 2017 Wynyard Hall, Teeside
3. Thursday 19th October 2017 Wynyard Hall, Teeside
4. Thursday 9th Novemer 2017 Wynyard Hall, Teeside
5. Thursday 23rd November 2017 Wynyard Hall, Teeside
Marriott, Gateshead & Wynyard Hall, Teeside